Sometimes the day calls for something quick. And as much as I enjoy being in the kitchen I am not always in the mood to whip up these large, extravagant meals. Contrary to popular belief, there are quite a few lazy days in my household. I AM NOT ASHAMED. I am also not in the mood to write a long drawn out story about this curry chicken salad.
Chicken salad is always a great go to meal for something quick. And with a few different ingredients, you have the perfect Indian twist. Throw in some wonton cups and call yourself fancy.
- 4 chicken breast (cooked & shredded) or 4 cans of chicken if you’re having a lazy day
- 1 1/2 cups of mayo (I use olive oil mayo)
- 1/4 cup chutney
- 3 1/2 tbsp curry powder (I use spicy)
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 2 stalks celery (finely chopped)
- 5 dried figs (finely chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1 package of wonton wrappers*
- Dump your chicken, mayo, chutney and seasonings in a large bowl and mix well
- Stir in celery, figs and pecans
- Sit in the fridge to chill
*I like to be a little fancy and serve my chicken salad in these crispy cups, so if you’re up for a few extra steps have at it.
- Preheat oven to 375
- Brush the wonton wrappers with olive oil
- Mold them into a mini muffin pan
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes
- Once the cups cool, add your chicken salad