Winter is here and I don’t think she’s going anywhere. From the looks of it, some of you may be snowed in this weekend. Stock up on your wine and water and toss this chili in the crockpot for a cozy weekend in.
What you need:
- 2 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground sweet Italian sausage
- 1 can spicy chili beans, undrained
- 1 can black beans, undrained
- 3 cans tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp sugar
What you do:
- Brown ground beef and season with your choice of seasoning. Careful not to over season. You just want to get a bit flavor into the meat. I use a sprinkle of seasoning salt and garlic powder.
- Brown ground sausage.
- Add all ingredients to the crockpot and cook on low for 6 hours.
- Cozy up in a fluffy blanket with a bowl of chili and a glass of your favorite wine 😉