Hi fellow foodies! Can I get a witness that shrimp is one of the most amazing creations for the kitchen? I love to eat shrimp. Big shout out to Mr. Bubba Gump himself!
Anyway, I love trying new things with shrimp because it’s one of the more simpler proteins to work with as long as you remember not to over cook it. Try out my super simple (and super spicy) take on Cajun shrimp.
What you need:
- 2 tbsp oil (I used veggie oil but you can use any oil of your choice)
- 2 lbs peeled and deveined shrimp
- 1 tbsp blackened seasoning
- 1/2 tbsp Cajun seasoning (leave this out if you don’t want a kick)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
What you do:
- Heat your oil in a pan on medium/high (I use a cast iron skillet because it blackens the best but you can use what you got if you don’t have cast iron)
- Dump the seasonings into your shrimp and make sure the shrimp are well coated (see below)
- Once the oil is nice and hot, drop your shrimp in (Careful not to fill the pan completely. I did mine in 3 batches)
- Cool the shrimp for a few minutes on each side until you start to see them blacken slightly (Don’t go for the full on blackened effect because you risk the shrimp getting tough and over cooked and that’s no fun)
- Pull those bad boys and and plate them
- Let them cool and enjoy your spicy blackened shrimp!