If you saw my post from yesterday you know I took out chicken breasts with the intention of making homemade chicken fingers. When the kids came home with a bucket of fries I was slightly annoyed and decided to change up the entire meal. I was no longer in the mood to cut the breasts into strip, so instead I cooked cilantro lemon chicken. I realize this is usually done with lime, but who cares. I only had lemon, but I’m the chef so I get to make these things up as I go. Here’s my twist–completely from scratch because I’ve never made this before and I didn’t have a recipe to reference. It actually turned out quite nicely.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Season the chicken with your dry seasonings
- Add the cilantro and lemon juice
- Cover and shake so the marinade spreads evenly
- Grill or pan fry in a little olive oil until the chicken is evenly cooked on each side
If you’re not comfortable cooking chicken breasts or are afraid of it either drying out or not cooking fully, try pounding the chicken breasts down some or cutting them in half so they aren’t as thick.