By now I am pretty sure you are all WELL AWARE of my addiction to pasta. I created this guilt-free alternative and it turned out to be a hit. Contrary to popular belief, everything I try in the kitchen isn’t always a hit. When I made this I wasn’t on the fast, but you can very easily remove the sausage and this would still be a perfect vegan & gluten free option.
What you need:
- 1 10 oz box red lentil pasta (I used Tru Roots brand and found it at my local grocery store.)
- 6 chicken sausage links (I used 3 chicken spinach sausage links and 3 chicken and maple sausage links from the meat department at my local grocery store. FYI chicken sausages are sometimes still cased in pork casings.)
- 1 can white clam sauce
- 1 can red clam sauce (You can also just use low cal tomato sauce if you hate clams.)
- 1 jar artichoke
- 1 jar sun dried tomatoes
- Handful of fresh spinach (Use as much as you like)
- Salt, pepper, garlic and thyme to taste (Sorry I didn’t measure. Use your best judgement.)
What you do:
- Cook the pasta as directed and BE VERY CAREFUL NOT TO OVERCOOK. It will turn to mush if you do. Remember these are beans we are working with.
- Mix your clam sauces, artichoke and sun dried tomatoes in a sauce pan
- Bring to a boil for about 2 minutes
- Add your seasonings and let simmer
- Stir in the pasta
- Fold in the spinach
- Eat as much as you like…unless lentils rumble your stomach.
It was pretty hard to remember that we were actually eating lentils. The pasta was nice and firm and had a great taste to it. Hope you enjoy this one!