Hello everyone! I hope you all are doing lovely today. I’m super excited to share this recipe with you because it’s super easy and totally guilt free.
You may not know this, but I am in love with Asian cuisine. I know I always say I’m in love with other stuff like pasta and cream and wine and whatnot. And that’s because the truth is that I am in love with food. Period.
But Asian is by far my favorite. I used to say I wanted to marry an Asian man so I could get all the recipes. And as you all know my love isn’t Asian at all so I didn’t luck up on any authentic Asian recipes. Instead, I just try and replicate my favorite dishes. Sometimes I fail, but this time I think I did ok.
Now I need to warn you that although I used Asian ingredients, I didn’t really do anything super exciting. I also didn’t really make an Asian dish. I just used a couple of Asian ingredients to create a quick and easy guilt free dish. I am in no way claiming this to be an authentic Thai dish. It’s just called Rae Thai because Rae is my nickname (pre becoming RC) and I was dreaming of Pad Thai when I made it.
What you need:
- 1 8oz box brown rice noodles
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 14oz container extra firm tofu
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 package of steam in the bag stir fry veggies (mine were frozen)
- 1 bottle gluten free Pad Thai sauce (I’m fasting from gluten for Lent so I chose gluten free. The gluten really comes from the soy sauce that’s in the Pad Thai. If you’re not gluten free, then don’t worry yourself over finding a g-free version).
What you do:
- Soak your rice noodle in hot water (not boiling) for 6 minutes.
- While noodles are soaking, heat olive oil in a medium pan
- Chop tofu to your preferred size and add to the pan once the oil is hot
- Add in salt and pepper to taste. I also added in some seasoning salt and garlic powder
- Brown the tofu to your liking
- While browning, steam your veggies. I steamed mine in the microwave. I told you guys this was super simple.
- Add the rice pasta into the pan with the tofu and toss around
- Add in the steamed veggies. Make sure to drain the water out.
- Toss the veggies, tofu and rice noodles until mixed well
- Pour on your Pad Thai and mix it all in.
- Plate, serve enjoy.
I added a little extra sauce to mine because I love sauce but it’s probably best without the extra sauce (according to my husband).