Last week I had an ahh-mazing girls night with a couple of tried and true friends and a couple of new friends. I’ve been struggling lately with a bit of friend turnover when I realized that a few people I considered to be very good friends didn’t deserve that title at all. People say you know your real friends when you go through something, and Lord knows I learned that lesson for sure in my most recent down season.
But this isn’t a sad post. It’s a happy one where God filled some major friend voids by reminding me of a few people who have been by my side since they’ve come into my life and by introducing a couple new friends who I’m pretty certain are going to stick around for a while. And I couldn’t be more happy because my new girlfriends fit right in and it made for some good convo and laughs until our cheeks hurt.
I am a huge fan of girls nights and I love hosting, especially when it’s a good group of girls who are open to sharing life experiences over a few glasses (or bottles) of wine. Plus, hosting girls nights means I get to test out new recipes before sharing them with you all!
Here’s the recipe for my honey garlic wings which were a hit with the girls.
What you need:
- 3 lbs wings
- 1 1/2 tsp seasoning salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Green onions for garnish
What you do:
- Preheat your oven to 400.
- Season your wings with the seasoning salt, paprika, garlic powder, and black pepper.
- Refrigerate while you make the glaze.
- Heat your butter in a medium sauce pan.
- Chop your garlic and sauté in the butter.
- Add the honey, water and soy sauce and mix well.
- Heat on medium-high until the sauce thickens just a bit.
- Pull your chicken out and put it into a baking dish. I like to use a cast iron skillet for even cooking and browning.
- Pour your sauce over the chicken.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the chicken is nicely browned and cooked through.
- Garnish with chopped green onions.
- Plate, eat and enjoy!
As always…love ya!