Ok so I’ve never cooked swordfish before, and the experimenter in me just had to try it out. I’ve also never cooked with shallots, and I figured if I was doing an experiment I may as well go all in. Well, the finished product was actually pretty good.
The best thing about this recipe is that it’s super easy and quick!
What you need:
- 2 Swordfish steaks
- 2 whole shallots (4 bulbs)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1 tbsp water
- Salt and pepper to taste
What you do:
- Season the swordfish with salt and pepper (I didn’t use measurements)
- Slice your shallots as thinly as possible
- Heat the oil and butter on medium-high until the butter is melted fully
- Add the shallots and a little salt and pepper and sauté until they become translucent
- Push the shallots to the side and place the swordfish into the pan and cook for about 3 minutes
- Flip the swordfish over and add the balsamic vinegar, wine and water
- Turn the heat down and simmer for another 3-5 minutes or until the fish is cooked through
- Plate and serve! (Drizzle some sauce and shallots over the fish for some added flavor)
I served mine with some roasted asparagus and quinoa with chopped carrots and zucchini.