My brother Jaison is always coming to me for food ideas. He does it to me and my mom. It’s so interesting to me because growing up he was the last person you wanted in the kitchen. I can’t tell you how many eggs he’s blown up in the microwave.
But these days he’s got his act together and he does a really good job in that department. He always has the most random ingredients in his kitchen though. And when he can’t figure out what to do with them, he sends me a text listing out the ingredients and then he expects me to come up with a recipe. It’s actually pretty fun for me because it causes me to be creative.
- 12 oz stew beef
- 1 cup water
- 1 stem thyme
- 2 cups red wine
- 1-2 tbsp butter
- 2-3 golden potatoes
- 1 bag frozen carrots
- 1/2 red onion
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 2-4 tbsp olive oil
- A little garlic basil pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chop your potatoes into cubes and coat them in a little olive oil and your pesto
- Roast them on 400 for about 20-30 minutes
- As they start to get soft then toss your frozen carrots and red pepper in with a little more olive oil
- Then roast for another 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are completely tender
- Season your beef with your typical seasonings…salt, pepper etc. nothing too deviant
- Set it to the side
- Take about a cup of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Sprinkle some seasoning salt in there for flavor
- Add 2 cups of your red wine and some thyme
- Reduce it until it’s about 1 cup
- Once it reduces turn it down to a simmer and add about 1-2 tbsp of butter
- It should start to thicken
- If it doesn’t add a little more butter
- Now sear your beef on high very quickly. You just want a nice brown coating.
- Once you get your color turn it down and cook until it’s cooked through
- Once it’s finished toss it into your wine reduction
- Squeeze some lemon juice over it if you have some. If not don’t bother.
- Plate and enjoy 😘
Here’s how Jai’s turned out 😍