I happen to be addicted to shrimp fried rice. Actually, I love all types of Asian cuisine. I love Thai, Chinese, Japanese. I could literally eat it all the time. Many of my favorite dishes are super rice heavy, though. And as many of you know I’m always trying to find ways to make healthier choices. So this recipe is an ode to one of my favorite foods, accept there’s a bit of a healthy twist. Check it out!
Here’s what you need:
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of crumbled cauliflower (you can pulse a head of cauliflower in the blender or you can take the easy way out and buy the cauliflower crumbles by Green Giant or Trader Joes)
- 1/2 cup of fresh English peas
- 1 cup small or medium shrimp cooked shrimp (I went with medium)
- Soy sauce and Sriracha to taste
- Heat your oil on medium in a medium sized pan
- Steam your English peas (I heated mine in the microwave for 2 minutes–I like my peas to be a bit firm and not mushy)
- Add the eggs to your pan and scramble
- Add the cauliflower to the pan and mix in with the scrambled eggs
- Pour in some soy sauce and mix (I added just enough to change the color of the cauliflower)
- Mix in your shrimp and your peas
- Drizzle in your Sriracha and mix
- Cool for about 5 minutes until everything is blended well (don’t overlook because sulk flower will get mushy)
- Do a quick taste test and determine if you need more Sriracha or soy sauce
- Plate & serve!
I hope you all enjoy this recipe! My husband had two servings, and when he goes back for seconds that’s typically an indication that it was delicious!