Breakfast might be my favorite meal of the day. The eggs, the bacon, the raisin toast, the biscuits, the bagels, the English muffins, the croissants–it’s all just so good.
Can you tell I have a bread problem? Besides the eggs, bread might be what I like the most about breakfast. But when fitness goals are driving my meal planning I have to find bread alternatives.
So I present to you sweet potato toast. Now, I cannot claim this as my own creation because a very good friend of mine shared it with me. I will, however, Christopher Columbus it.
Here’s my version of sweet potato toast.
- Sweet potato slices 1/4 inch thick
- Goat cheese
- Dried dill
- Almond butter
- Roasted sweet peppers
- Poke holes in your sweet potato with a fork
- Run through the toaster twice (I used a toaster oven but my friend tested it on a toaster and it worked for her)
- Layer on your toppings
I made 3 different flavor combos:
- Avocado with adobo and roasted sweet peppers
- Goat cheese with dill
- Almond butter with banana
The avo was my favorite. The banana was my least favorite. What toppings will you try?